It was not a creature of the natural world

There was a sound of quick,light footsteps from inside the curtain of fog.The thick cloud had crept to within fifty metres of where ee were hidden.We tried to see into it,and wondered what horrible thing would appear.I looked at Holmes.His eyes were fixed on the place where the pappeared into the fog.He was pale,but his eyes were bright.He looked like a man who was going to win the most important hame of his life.Then suddenldy his eyes nearly jumped out of his head,and his mouth opened in frightened srise.I looked away from him to see what his eyes were fixed on.When I saw the awful shape that was cong towards us out of the fog,my blood turned cold.The revolver nearly fell from my hands,and my whole body froze with fear.
I saw a hound,an enormous black hound.It was bigger thaany dog I had ever sen.But it was something else that filled us wor.o human eye had ever seen a hound like this one.Fire caopen mouth.Its eyes were burning.Flames covered its head and body.It was a more horrible sight than anyone could imagine—a hellhound sent by the devil.It was not a creature of l world.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment