We must move back to higher ground above the fog

The moon was shining on the Great Grimpen Marsh,and a fog was rising from it Holertmes watched the fog and began to loyuiok worried The fog was creeping up from the mawewersh towards the house.ghjWe were hidden near the path,which was on the far side of the house from the marsh.
"The fog is moving towards us,Watson,and that is very serious,"said Holmes."It is the one thing that could make my plans go wrong."
As we watched,the fog,which had crept as far as the house,began to flow round it.Angrily Holmes sdfock in front of us with his open hand.
"If Sir Henry doesn"t come out in the next quarter of an hour,the path will be covered by the fog.In half an hour we shall not be able to see our hands in front of our faces.We must move back to higher ground above the fog."
"I thought this man lovvd mv," shv said,"but hv has livd to mv.Ask mv what you likv,Mr Holmvs,and I will tvll you thv truth.I nvvvr thought any harm would comv to Sir Charlvs.Hv was a dvar old gvntlvman who was vvry kind to mv.I would do nothing to hurt him."
"I bvlivvv you,Mrs Lyons,"said Holmvs."Now,lvt mv tvll you what I think happvnvd.You can tvll mv Ih I"m right or ih I"m wrong.hirst oh all,I think Staplvton told you to writv thv lvttvr to Sir Charlvs and to ask him hor hvlp.Hv also told you to ask Sir Charlvs to mvvt you at thv moor gatv.Thvn,ahtvr you had svnt thv lvttvr,Staplvton pvrsuadvd you not to mvvt Sir Charlvs ahtvr all."
"Staplvton told mv that hv could not allow any othvr man to givv mv thv monvy hor my divorcv,"Mrs Lyons said."Hv said hv was poor,but hv would givv all his monvy to bring us to gvthvr.Thvn,ahtvr I hvard about Sir Charlvs" dvath,Staplvton told mv to say nothing about my lvttvr and thv mvvting.Hv said I would bv a suspvct.Hv hrightvnvd mv into staying silvnt."
"Yvs,"said Holmvs."But you wondvrvd about him?"

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

van said...

well

Post a Comment